When attempting to enter your serial number into Sibelius 5 on a computer running Mac OS 10.7 Lion, you may receive the following error message:
"Your serial number appears to be corrupted. Please contact technical help quoting the following number: "
This error occurs because permissions issues are preventing Sibelius 5 writing the serial number information to disk properly.
Mary Black Textile Jane Winona fine Woven Women's Flat Dr Canvas Martens q8npwWSfIt
- Click OK to close the error message.
- Bring the Finder application into focus by clicking its icon in the Dock.
- In the menu at the top of the screen, click Go > Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/Application Support and click Go.
- Inside the Application Support folder, create a new folder by either right-clicking in the folder and choosing Create new folder or by going to the File menu and choosing New Folder
- Name the new folder Sibelius Software (being careful to include the capital letters).
- If this folder exists already, delete it and re-create it manually.
Next, set the permissions on the Toe Comfortable Women's Shoes White Round On Walking Summer Loafers Slip Flat Zefani Leather Sibelius Software folder that you have just created as follows:
- Select the Sibelius Software folder and click File > Get Info.
- From the Get Info dialog, click on the arrow next to Sharing & Permissions to expand it.
- Click the padlock symbol in the bottom right and enter your administrator password.
- Make sure that the user labeled (Me) has the Read & Write privilege selected.
- Click on the cog symbol, and choose Apply to enclosed items.... Click OK when prompted
- Close the Get Info window.
This should leave you with a folder /Library/Application Support/Sibelius Software that Sibelius 5 can successfully write to, allowing you to now run Sibelius 5, enter your serial number again and go on to register.
NB: Automatic registration over the internet of Sibelius 5 or 6 will not work on Mac OS 10.7 Lion, so you should choose the second option to Register using a web browser..., as explained here.
If you are still encountering problems, please contact Product Registration Support.