Ankle Women's MVE Shoes Heeled Penny Chunky Sandals Strap Fashion l UqUtx5
|Ankle l Strap Fashion Chunky Heeled Sandals Penny Shoes MVE Women's Permissions Required||User, Administrator|
|Data Sources||Windows Registry, File monitoring, Process command-line parameters, Process monitoring|
PowerShell is a powerful interactive command-line interface and scripting environment included in the Windows operating system.1 Adversaries can use PowerShell to perform a number of actions, including discovery of information and execution of code. Examples include the Start-Process cmdlet which can be used to run an executable and the Invoke-Command cmdlet which runs a command locally or on a remote computer.
PowerShell may also be used to download and run executables from the Internet, which can be executed from disk or in memory without touching disk.
Administrator permissions are required to use PowerShell to connect to remote systems.
- APT29 has used encoded PowerShell scripts uploaded to CozyCar installations to download and install SeaDuke.5 APT29 also used PowerShell scripts to evade defenses.6
- APT3 has used PowerShell on victim systems to download and run payloads after exploitation.7
- APT32 has used PowerShell-based tools and shellcode loaders for execution.8
- APT34 has used PowerShell scripts for execution.9
- BRONZE BUTLER has used PowerShell for execution.10
- CopyKittens has used PowerShell Empire.11
- Deep Panda has used PowerShell scripts to download and execute programs in memory, without writing to disk.12
- Dragonfly has used PowerShell.1314
- FIN10 uses PowerShell for execution as well as PowerShell Empire to establish persistence.152
- FIN6 has used a Metasploit PowerShell module to download and execute shellcode and to set up a local listener.16
- FIN7 uses a PowerShell script to launch shellcode that retrieves an additional payload.1718
- FIN8's malicious spearphishing payloads are executed as PowerShell. 1920 FIN8 has also used PowerShell during Lateral Movement and Credential Access.20
- Leviathan has used PowerShell for execution.2122
- Magic Hound has used PowerShell for execution.23
- MuddyWater has used PowerShell for execution.24
- A OilRig macro has run a PowerShell command to decode file contents.25
- Patchwork used PowerSploit to download and run a reverse shell.26
- The Poseidon Group's Information Gathering Tool (IGT) includes PowerShell components.27
- Stealth Falcon malware uses PowerShell commands to perform various functions, including gathering system information via WMI and executing commands from its C2 server.28
- TA459 has used PowerShell for execution of a payload.29
- Threat Group-3390 has used PowerShell for execution.30
- Men's Mephisto Match Smooth Walking Shoe White 8d4wqdZ uses to inject shellcode into PowerShell.31
- AutoIt backdoor downloads a PowerShell script that decodes to a typical shellcode loader.32
- Cobalt Strike can execute a payload on a remote host with PowerShell. This technique does write any data to disk.33
- DownPaper uses PowerShell for execution.34
- HALFBAKED can execute PowerShell scripts.17
- HAMMERTOSS is known to use PowerShell.35
- One version of Helminth uses a PowerShell script.36
- POSHSPY uses PowerShell to execute various commands, one to execute its payload.37
- POWERSOURCE is a PowerShell backdoor.3839
- POWERSTATS uses PowerShell.40
- POWRUNER is written in PowerShell.9
- PowerSploit modules are written in and executed via PowerShell.4142
- Pupy has a module for loading and executing PowerShell scripts.43
- SeaDuke uses a module to execute Mimikatz with PowerShell to perform Pass the Ticket.5
Sandals Heeled Penny Strap Fashion Ankle Shoes MVE Chunky l Women's Mitigation
It may be possible to remove PowerShell from systems when not needed, but a review should be performed to assess the impact to an environment, since it could be in use for many legitimate purposes and administrative functions. When PowerShell is necessary, restrict PowerShell execution policy to administrators and to only execute signed scripts. Be aware that there are methods of bypassing the PowerShell execution policy, depending on environment configuration.44 Disable/restrict the WinRM Service to help prevent uses of PowerShell for remote execution.
If proper execution policy is set, adversaries will likely be able to define their own execution policy if they obtain administrator or system access, either through the Registry or at the command line. This change in policy on a system may be a way to detect malicious use of PowerShell. If PowerShell is not used in an environment, then simply looking for PowerShell execution may detect malicious activity.
It is also beneficial to turn on PowerShell logging to gain increased fidelity in what occurs during execution.45 PowerShell 5.0 introduced enhanced logging capabilities, and some of those features have since been added to PowerShell 4.0. Earlier versions of PowerShell do not have many logging features.46 An organization can gather PowerShell execution details in a data analytic platform to supplement it with other data.
- Microsoft. (n.d.). Windows PowerShell Scripting. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Schroeder, W., Warner, J., Nelson, M. (n.d.). Github PowerShellEmpire. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- PowerSploit. (n.d.). Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- SheSole Tan Western Cowgirl Women's Boots Cowboy Z0qZYrH
- Symantec Security Response. (2015, July 13). “Forkmeiamfamous”: Seaduke, latest weapon in the Duke armory. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- Dunwoody, M. and Carr, N.. (2016, September 27). No Easy Breach DerbyCon 2016. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Moran, N., et al. (2014, November 21). Operation Double Tap. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Carr, N.. (2017, May 14). Cyber Espionage is Alive and Well: APT32 and the Threat to Global Corporations. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Sardiwal, M, et al. (2017, December 7). New Targeted Attack in the Middle East by APT34, a Suspected Iranian Threat Group, Using CVE-2017-11882 Exploit. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- East Village Joseph Marc New York Cognac Loafer Women's XwUqfIS Counter Threat Unit Research Team. (2017, October 12). BRONZE BUTLER Targets Japanese Enterprises. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- ClearSky Cyber Security and Trend Micro. (2017, July). Operation Wilted Tulip: Exposing a cyber espionage apparatus. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- Alperovitch, D. (2014, July 7). Deep in Thought: Chinese Targeting of National Security Think Tanks. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Symantec Security Response. (2017, September 6). Dragonfly: Western energy sector targeted by sophisticated attack group. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- US-CERT. (2017, October 20). Alert (TA17-293A): Advanced Persistent Threat Activity Targeting Energy and Other Critical Infrastructure Sectors. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence. (2017, June 16). FIN10: Anatomy of a Cyber Extortion Operation. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- FireEye Threat Intelligence. (2016, April). Follow the Money: Dissecting the Operations of the Cyber Crime Group FIN6. Retrieved June 1, 2016.
- Carr, N., et al. (2017, April 24). FIN7 Evolution and the Phishing LNK. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Gorelik, M.. (2017, June 9). FIN7 Takes Another Bite at the Restaurant Industry. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- Bohannon, D. & Carr N. (2017, June 30). Obfuscation in the Wild: Targeted Attackers Lead the Way in Evasion Techniques. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Elovitz, S. & Ahl, I. (2016, August 18). Know Your Enemy: New Financially-Motivated & Spear-Phishing Group. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- Axel F, Pierre T. (2017, October 16). Leviathan: Espionage actor spearphishes maritime and defense targets. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- FireEye. (2018, March 16). Suspected Chinese Cyber Espionage Group (TEMP.Periscope) Targeting U.S. Engineering and Maritime Industries. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Lee, B. and Falcone, R. (2017, February 15). Magic Hound Campaign Attacks Saudi Targets. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Singh, S. et al.. (2018, March 13). Iranian Threat Group Updates Tactics, Techniques and Procedures in Spear Phishing Campaign. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Falcone, R. and Lee, B. (2017, October 9). OilRig Group Steps Up Attacks with New Delivery Documents and New Injector Trojan. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Cymmetria. (2016). Unveiling Patchwork - The Copy-Paste APT. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- Penny Weekender Loafer Haan Cole Blue Rainstorm Pinch Women's qwCOtSt7I
- Marczak, B. and Scott-Railton, J.. (2016, May 29). Keep Calm and (Don’t) Enable Macros: A New Threat Actor Targets UAE Dissidents. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- Axel F. (2017, April 27). APT Targets Financial Analysts with CVE-2017-0199. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- Counter Threat Unit Research Team. (2017, June 27). BRONZE UNION Cyberespionage Persists Despite Disclosures. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- PwC and BAE Systems. (2017, April). Operation Cloud Hopper: Technical Annex. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Settle, A., et al. (2016, August 8). MONSOON - Analysis Of An APT Campaign. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- Strategic Cyber LLC. (2017, March 14). Cobalt Strike Manual. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- ClearSky Cyber Security. (2017, December). Charming Kitten. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- FireEye Labs. (2015, July). HAMMERTOSS: Stealthy Tactics Define a Russian Cyber Threat Group. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- Falcone, R. and Lee, B.. (2016, May 26). The OilRig Campaign: Attacks on Saudi Arabian Organizations Deliver Helminth Backdoor. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- Dunwoody, M.. (2017, April 3). Dissecting One of APT29’s Fileless WMI and PowerShell Backdoors (POSHSPY). Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- Miller, S., et al. (2017, March 7). FIN7 Spear Phishing Campaign Targets Personnel Involved in SEC Filings. Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- Brumaghin, E. and Grady, C.. (2017, March 2). Covert Channels and Poor Decisions: The Tale of DNSMessenger. Retrieved March 8, 2017. Breathable Shoes Gym Casual Sports Purple Womens Lightweight Mesh Sneakers Shoes MARSVOVO Walking qwFX0W1
- Lancaster, T.. (2017, November 14). Muddying the Water: Targeted Attacks in the Middle East. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- PowerShellMafia. (2012, May 26). PowerSploit - A PowerShell Post-Exploitation Framework. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- PowerSploit. (n.d.). PowerSploit. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- Nicolas Verdier. (n.d.). Retrieved January 29, 2018.
- Sutherland, S. (2014, September 9). 15 Ways to Bypass the PowerShell Execution Policy. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- Malware Archaeology. (2016, June). WINDOWS POWERSHELL LOGGING CHEAT SHEET - Win 7/Win 2008 or later. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- Dunwoody, M. (2016, February 11). GREATER VISIBILITY THROUGH POWERSHELL LOGGING. Retrieved February 16, 2016.